Donate to our Adoption Fund!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Hysterectomy

Well, Joe and I decided it was in our best interest to have a hysterectomy.  With infertility and pain, it made sense to go ahead with the surgery now instead of later.  I had a large fibroid and an enlarged uterus along with constant cysts. 

Surgery was this past Friday.  I was terrified.  But, surprisingly, I did really well.  The surgery took less than 2 hours done by daVinci robot at West Chester Hospital by my OBGYN.  She also put in a bladder sling since my pregnancy 11 years ago altered the location of my bladder.  By 11:00 am I was in my room at the hospital and on plenty of pain killers.  I needed them, I hurt like crazy.  Poor Joe had to help me to the bathroom about every hour for the first 2 days.  The first of which I peed dark blue urine.  I felt rather smurfy. 

I was released from the hospital Saturday to come home and rest.  Joe and I watched a few movies on the couch then went to the bedroom and watched more.   He has taken excellent care of me while healing.  At my beck-n-call.  :-)

Today, he has stayed home with me again from work, because I am still not as mobile as I'd like and driving would be way too hard still today.  So he is on pick up and drop off duty for Isaac today. (school and football). 

It's a little bitter sweet having my uterus and cervix gone.  I am glad my ovaries were healthy enough to save so I don't need to have hormone treatment.  But, this is the last confirmation that I will never bear another child.  So blessed that we will have Eliza in our lives in December!  And no more periods ever again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!